Processing & Production
Printing Guidelines & Limitations
Returns & Exchanges
Terms & Conditions
GetFreeEnvelopes.com manufacturing and distribution facility is located in Ronkonkoma, New York. We offer a full range of standard sizes and styles of envelope products.
We are a family-owned and operated and have been in the business of printing since 1994.
We credit our success to caring for our customers and have made it our mission to
provide every customer with high quality products, the best envelope value, and the most comprehensive service.
If you have never ordered your envelopes online, we hope you
will consider us for your next printing project.
Give us a call we are here to help.
Our goal is to make ordering envelopes easy and affordable.
Headquarters Location:2050 Ocean Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779
Phone: (631) 696-0641
Fax: (631) 471-2545
We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
Processing & Production Days
Although we make every possible effort to turn jobs around in the estimated production times offered, your job may require more time due to unforeseeable uncontrollable circumstances. We will not credit customers if a job runs past the estimated 7 Business day turnaround time. However, if you chose an expedited production time other than 5-7 Business Days we will refund the difference in cost paid for such expedited service. TURNAROUND TIMES ARE AN ESTIMATE, NOT A GUARANTEE!
- Orders are processed Monday-Friday, 9am to 4pm EST.
- Orders placed outside of these hours will not be processed until the next business day.
- GetFreeEnvelopes.com is closed on weekends.
- Orders placed after 4:00pm EST on Friday, will be processed on Monday, except in the event of a Holiday.
- Production time begins the next business day after proof approval.
NOTE: In the event there is a credit card authorization issue, your order will be put on hold and you will be notified immediately.
5 - 7 Business Days
3 - 4 Business Days
1 - 2 Business Days
- Your proof is typically ready for review on the next business day after receipt of your files.
- Your printed envelopes will ship within the allotted time after your proof approval.
Official GetFreeEnvelopes.com non-production days and Holidays are as follows:
- Saturday and Sunday
- New Years day: Jan 1
- Memorial Day: Last Monday in May
- Independence Day: July 4th
- Labor Day: First Monday in September
- Thanksgiving: 4th Thursday & Friday in November
- Christmas Eve: December 25th
- Christmas Day: December 26th
Guidelines & Limitations
- You may choose any pre-listed PMS color from the drop down menu at no additional charge.
- If you wish to enter a Pantone number that is not a listed choice an additional charge of $15 will apply per.
- Fluorescent, Pastel and Tinted Color Metallic inks available at additional charge of $65.00 per color.
- 4 color printing prices are for CMYK process (3 or 4 colors as spot will cost $75.00 additional)
Note: Upon processing your order if your ink color has changed or it has been determined to be other than indicated, you will be notified of the situation and any price adjustments.
- 2 or 3 sided bleeds are permitted, but there may be an extra cost depending on coverage.
- Full bleeds (4 sided bleeds) are NOT allowed. We cannot print an entire envelope in a color.
- We cannot bleed on the flap of an envelope. Flaps are printed on a closed envelope.
- No bleeds on any envelopes printed 4 colors.
Heavy Coverage or Large Solids
If your design includes heavy ink coverage and/or large solids, there may be an additional charge.
We will notify you if there is an additional charge.
Heavy coverage or large solids and certain inks may produce a light layer of ink that rubs off the front onto the back of the next envelope as it comes out of the press. This is called offset and is very common on envelopes. Under certain circumstances we can not guarantee against this from happening. Some offset can be avoided by lightening large solids using a tint or screen of the color so that less ink is applied.
2 Sided Printing
We offer the option of printing both sides for most of our envelopes. There is an additional charge to print both sides, and this option can be selected when ordering.
Art Resolution RequirementsYou must provide at minimum 300 dpi high resolution images suited for offset printing.
GetFreeEnvelopes.com is not liable for images printing as bitmaps, fuzzy or pixely as a result of the customer providing low-resolution images or poor quality images within files.
PDF: Please embed all fonts, images etc.
- PDF files should be provided as high resolution files with all elements set to properly separate colors if required to print in more than one color. Be sure to assign proper pantone colors.
- Files should be accurate regarding size, position, color, etc.
Only minor modifications can be made.
Photoshop: .EPS, .PSD, .TIFF. (create at 300dpi or higher at 100%)
- All files should be created or scanned at a minimum 300 dpi resolution, 100% size.
Changing a low-resolution file (72 dpi) into a 300 dpi is not recommended
and does not enhance it outcome.
- Layers should be flattened.
- 1 color files should be converted to grayscale with the desired color indicated in order comments or as monotone image with pantone color assigned.
- 2 color files can be submitted using the following method:
Submit file in CMYK
Black Channel = Black or your 1st color
Use the Cyan or Magenta Channel as a place holder for your 2nd color.
Delete any remaining color from any unused channels.
Remember when submtting our order to include in notes what ink color represents what place holder.
- Files submitted in CMYK or RGB format can sometimes be converted to grayscale or color separated for an additional art fee that will be determined depending on the complexity of the file. Colors can be chosen with a reasonable degree of accuracy but it is strongly recommended that colors be chosen from pantone uncoated swatches.
- JPEG and GIF files are generally low resolution and produce poor results when printed and are not recommended as an acceptable file format.
Illustrator® CS6 or earlier: .EPS or .AI (convert fonts to outlines)
- Files can be either .eps or .ai format and should be vector format.
- All file elements should be assigned a pantone color.
- Any font files used should be converted to outlines.
- Files should be flattened.
Word® Document: Will be accepted for text or simple line art
Word is not an ideal design program but can be accepted with certain limitations:
- Files should only be used to create simple 1 color files such as type-setting a return or reply address.
- Whenever possible, Word documents should be converted to PDF files.
- We can not separate 2 color jobs created in Word. These jobs would either have to run in full color or require desktop services to correct the problem.
Shipping Policy (Domestic)
- If you're in the Long Island area, you can pick up your order FREE of charge at our Ronkonkoma location.
- You will be notified when your order is ready.
- Pickup is available M-F, between the hours of 9:00am - 4:00pm EST
UPS Ground (1-7 days depending on zone): Typically order will be delivered within an estimated 1-2 business days after the order leaves our facility to most locations that reside throughout the North-East region of the United States, not counting the ship date and not including Saturday and Sunday, or Carrier Holidays. However, there are no guarantees with ground and delivery could take up to 7 business days or longer depending on your zone. Packages typically arrive before end of day.
UPS 2nd Day Air (2 days): Your order will be delivered 2 business days after the order leaves our facility, not counting the ship date and not including Saturday and Sunday, or Carrier Holidays. Packages typically arrive before end of day.
UPS Next Day Air (1 day): Your order will be delivered 1 business day after the order leaves our facility, not counting the ship date and not including Saturday and Sunday, or Carrier Holidays. Packages typically arrive before end of day.
UPS Holiday ScheduleIn the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:
(No UPS pickups or deliveries)New Year's Day
Day after Thanksgiving
New Year's Eve
New Year's Day
Returns & Exchanges
We are unable to accept returns of printed envelopes unless we made a printing error.
At GetFreeEnvelopes.com we are proud of our products and services and stand behind them.
We want you to be satisfied with your printing. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please call us at (631) 696-0641 within 10 days of receipt of your order, and if your order is found to contain an issue that is not within our allowable tolerances, we will reprint all or part.
We are committed to high quality standards, however, there are some things beyond our control which are not covered by this guarantee:
- We print to exacting color standards. However, due to variances in viewing equipment we cannot be responsible for color variation between PDF screen proofs and the final printed piece. If your job is color critical, we highly recommend ordering a hard copy proof for color matching purposes for charge or $25.00 per proof.
- We will not be responsible for reprinting due to customer errors, including but not limited to: spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors; inferior quality or low-resolution images; design or color errors introduced by the customer; incorrect orientation or incorrect files.
- We will reprint orders that are damaged in transit, but we must have photographs of said damage in order to assess damage and make our claims with our shipper. To qualify for a reprint, damage must be reported within 24 hours or by next business day of receipt of delivery.
- We are not responsible for delays or missed shipments caused by carrier or delivery to the wrong address or undeliverable packages caused by the customer.
- We are not responsible for improperly stored, damaged or lost materials caused by client negligence.
This guarantee is limited to the reprint of the original order and/or quantity and does not cover any damages or claims incurred by you or your business if you receive printed materials which are defective, incomplete, or later than your estimated delivery date.
If you send back an order that is not eligible under this guarantee, it is your responsibility to pay an additional shipping charge if you would like the product back again.
Terms & Conditions
Right of Refusal
We reserve the right to refuse service or products to any person or organization.
At GetFreeEnvelopes.com, we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of the information you submit to us.
Unless otherwise noted, all written and/or other materials that are part of our website, including information, images, illustrations, designs, icons, data, software, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sound and other material (collectively “Content”), are protected by copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights, and these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or developed in the future. Except as expressly authorized or licensed, you may not copy, modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate, in the transfer or sale, lease or rental of, create derivative works from or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part. All Content is copyrighted as a collective work under the U.S. and international copyright laws, and we own, to the fullest extent allowed by such laws, the copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of all content. Our trademarks, logos, and other trademarks on our website are the property of their respective owners and are owned by, licensed to, or, where required, used with our permission, and, as such, may not be produced, copied or manipulated in any manner without the express, written approval of the owner.
NO WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Tampering with our website, misrepresenting the identity of a user, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent activities on our website are prohibited. Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of our website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account which the user is not authorized to access; (b) using our website for unintended purposes or trying to change the behavior of our website; (c) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (d) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation via means of submitting a virus to our website, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing"; (f) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability; or (g) forging communications on behalf of our website (impersonating our website), or to our website (impersonating as a legitimate user). Sending unsolicited and unauthorized e-mail on our behalf, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, is expressly prohibited. You agree not to use any device, software or routine or data to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website or any activity being conducted on this site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, data or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, or intelligent agents) to navigate or search our website other than the search engine and search agents provided by us (if any) or by generally publicly available and acceptable browsers. If and when requested, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete user information to us, and to refrain from impersonating or falsely representing your affiliation with any person or entity.
Errors, Corrections and Changes
Occasionally there may be information on our website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. We reserve the right (and we will use commercially reasonable efforts) to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Additionally, we reserve the right to change or update information at any time without prior notice, including these Terms of Service.
Information & Content You Submit to Us
By using our website, you agree that any information (except for purchase information as applicable), materials, suggestions, ideas or comments you send to us or any other third party using our website is not confidential. By submitting any solicited or unsolicited information using our website, you grant to us and our affiliates an irrevocable and unrestricted license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute such materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments for any purpose whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law. We are not responsible for the content you provide to us. Specifically, we are not responsible for any content that violates trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, including but not limited to the use of a union bug other than our own. If you submit content with a union bug, we will not print any such content if the union bug is observed during our quality control process. Jobs that violate this union bug policy will automatically forfeit monies collected. Refunds, credits, or partial refunds will be at the sole discretion of our company.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries and suppliers from any liability, loss, claim and expense (including attorneys' reasonable fees) related to your violation of this agreement. You specifically agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from any and all claims arising from the improper use of trademark, copyright, or other protected material, including but not limited to the use of a union bug.
Third Party Websites & Links
Applicable Law & Other Terms
Our Website is created, operated and controlled in the state New York, in the United States of America. The laws of the State of New York will govern the agreement without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of laws. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts sitting in New York, county of Suffolk in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of our website. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to our website, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us with respect to our website. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.